Tuesday 9 April 2013

NaPoWriMo Prompt 9

Screw You Poppet

Freezing my arse off
Planting violets in a grave yard,
To inconspicuously gather
Goofer dirt,

It was simpler,
Choosing the fabric, black silk
Symbolic of you’re annoying slickness,
Matching the colour of you heart.

Now I sit, needle and thread.
Unleashing my domestic goddess
Stitch…stitch…stitch,
I damn as I darn.

I stuff you soundly.
With dirt, your scribbled signature,
A photo, complete with
Ingratiating smile.

I name you.
I feed you.
I bind you.

With ruby ribbons,
Your hateful mouth,
Your woeful groin,
Your interfering hands.

A last kiss
Before I bury you deep
In the frozen earth.
A final thought

Screw you poppet.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, fine just doing this poetry competition thing, so this was a challenge on 'film noir' as I know nothing about film noir I took a diabolical liberty with the prompt and did a little less than 'white' magic *ahem*. Though of course depends entirely on your POV could very, very easily be seen as a public service, but was toying with the play on the word 'poppet' and vengeful femme fatales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally forgot you were signed up to my poetry blog, which as you can see has had a bit of life breathed into it.

    More poems than shake a bladder on a stick at.

    ReplyDelete